30.4.07

Anger is a Double Shot without the Chaser

I hope I got my point across.

I mean, there are things in my life that just piss me right off. For example, my inability to accept things as they are, especially when they're not in my favor.

Another specific example is a recent conversation I had with a 'friend' of mine over Messenger. At first, she's all about horrible a person she is. So, I point out her mistakes, her character flaws. She already knows this and acknowledges them. So I tell her to do something about it, but no, she doesn't, she hasn't before, and chances are she won't in the future. So, being a friend, I thought I'd try to cheer her up with some nice words. She won't have it. She says she wants to be held accountable, she doesn't want any sympathy, which she somehow interprets as pity. And then she's gone. No laters or cyas or byes. My God, is this all my fault? Am I to blame? If this happened, say, a month ago, I would feel very guilty. Not today, though. You see, she contradicts herself: first, she feels she's a horrible person, yet she doesn't want any sympathy; second, she wants to be held accountable, yet she's already holding herself accountable. The funny thing was that I was truly feeling sympathetic, since I've been there myself for far too long, but now it is pity. She sees herself as a horrible person and now she's beginning to convince others that she's a horrible person. All I have to say is that I really was trying to be a friend, but if she doesn't want that, then I won't give it to her. Pfft, you dont want to drag me down with you, yet you've let me go down by myself before.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm actually feeling great. It's been a while, I know, but I do feel good enough about myself to enjoy the day. Sure, I have nothing to do at the current moment as I am job hunting, but I'm excited for my European vacation for 6 weeks, and afterwards when I can just work for a bit and not be stressed about school and life in general. Tis the life...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually, I was really quite drunk during this conversation. Thanks for refreshing my memory. I don't remember why I left suddenly.

The Ben said...

It's ok. And I hope you'll forgive my angry rant. I get mad and I write. It's what I do. Very spur of the moment.